The age of TV competition has arrived in Medford.
Verizon is now offering FiOS TV service in Medford, bringing consumers and businesses an all-fiber-optic connection that provides more channels, more HD, more video on demand and faster Internet speeds.
The new agreement will bring Verizon FiOS to its current service area, which covers 71% of Medford. There is a clause in the agreement that will allow for continued negotation to include the remaining 29%.
Verizon delivers FiOS TV over the nation's largest digital, all-fiber network, offering more than 540 total channels in Massachusetts - including more than 140 high-definition channels.
"Our advanced 100 percent fiber-optic network was built for HD. With all-fiber connections running straight to their homes, viewers get both high-definition and standard TV that is eye-popping. And with Flex View and FiOS TV Online, we're offering more interactivity with more content on more screens," Verizon executive Susan Retta said.
Consumers now have the option to bundle FiOS TV service, FiOS Internet service and the FiOS Digital Voice unlimited calling plan for as little as $89.99 a month for two years.
FiOS is also available to small businesses, which can take advantage of the Solutions Bundle with FiOS TV, Internet and Unlimited Nationwide Calling. Included in the small-business bundle are free Google Apps for three accounts; Verizon Internet Security Suite and Online Backup; and discounts to nationally known brands like Office Depot, FedEx and more.