Certified copies of vital records may be obtained either in person during regular business hours or by mail. Mail requests, except as noted below, are filled by close of business on the day of receipt. Fees listed below are applicable to both in person and mail requests.
Birth - The City Clerk's Office has birth records for anyone born in Medford and for most people whose parents resided in Medford on the day of birth. To obtain a copy by mail, send your name and date of birth, a stamped self-addressed envelope and a check payable to the City of Medford. Costs are as follows: long form - $10.00; short form - $10.00. A long form is necessary for a passport and, for traveling most places outside the United States or for submission to a court. A short form is sufficient for most other purposes.
How do I obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
You can obtain a copy of your birth certificate from the City Clerk’s Office in two ways.
1. by mailing a request to the City Clerk’s Office
2. by physically entering the City Clerk’s Office
3. Emailing a request will not be accepted
A request by mail will be processed and sent out the day it is received at the City Clerk’s Office. You must make sure of four things.
1. Your check or money order should be payable to the City of Medford
2. Enclose the payment along with your written request and return telephone number.
3. State the birth date and full birth name on the request.
4. Send a self addressed stamped envelope.
Is an I.D. necessary?
Usually identification is not necessary; however, in certain circumstances it is required. For example, if your parents were not married at the time of your birth.
Deaths - The City Clerk's Office has death records for anyone who died in MEDFORD or who lived in MEDFORD on the date of their death. To obtain a copy by mail, send the decedent's name and date of death (if known), a stamped self-addressed envelope and a check for $10.00 payable to the City of MEDFORD.